Weather Data from your own station or other private stations

Post weather station info, fixes, advice and questions in here.
WAWG Leadership Group

Weather Data from your own station or other private stations

Postby ozzie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:17 am

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:21 am

Last edited by nocky on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

WAWG Administrator

Postby Fu Manchu » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:59 pm

no kidding, I was going to start a thread on this very topic last night! Till I got started on answering plant questions on another forum. Coulda-woulda-shoulda :lol:

Good on ya Ozzie
Last edited by Fu Manchu on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:57 pm

excellent chaser, what program do you use to display

Founder of The WAWG

Postby Tim S » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Not my station but I am posting this on behalf of an overseas user who can unfortunatly not log onto the site due our anti-spam policy of not allowing foriegn IP addresses.

Anyway here it is, its the Greenwood SHS weather station: http://jimi.greenwood.wa.edu.au/weather/
Kia Kaha, stay strong, live long and above all have fun. :)

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby ozzie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 pm

hey Tim, when i was in primary school i went to school next to Greenwood SHS :lol:

WAWG Leadership Group

Re: Weather Data from your own station or other private stations

Postby nocky » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks to a bit of help from Chaser80, I have weather display working on my web, some of the details are a bit incorrect mainly the barometer low, it was showing in absolute and not relative, but all will even out over a couple of days but all settings are working now except the avg and current wind speeds seem to be wrong way around, but searching for a fix check it out here, http://www.ngnautoclub.com/station/narrogin.htm , will soon be 24 hour when we get old pc hooked up, but all data will be uploaded from memory each morning, thanks again CHASER, will work on some custom gauges etc when I have all my other jobs done, (She seems to make the list grow all the time though :? )

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 pm

I think this thread should be cleaned up to only show links to Personal Weather Stations, and also a sticky or announcement, also admin or mod should put a post at the start that this thread is only for links and no other postings and surely must be more than 3 weather stations out there, hooking up with weather underground is free and shows an excellent record see ozzies above or mine here http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... =IWANARRO2, my own web based use's basic free weather display graphs and dials, and see chaser80's excellent XML setup this comes at a cost as well, just a few examples, me and chaser obviously use our own webs and ozzie's is free setup by underground, there is a program could cumulus that works well with easy weather and other pc software to upload for you and to display cumulus on underground you only have to put in username and password, cumulus also has templates for your own site and again totally free by Sandlay Software, or weather display is a excellent program at a cost and if you have your own site, as a suggestion WA Weather Group should have a station as well

Founder of The WAWG

Postby Tim S » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Clean up that sounds like work PK, its not too bad anyway. I know what your getting at though, it would be good to have a list of just members weather stations. The new look web page for the WA weathergroup will have a weather station page that will have all the users weather stations on it. It should hopefully be finished soon, have been fiddling with it for a few months now and recently I have had trouble finding time to finish it off, should hopefully get it done very shortly though.

And the Waweathergroup does have its own station now! well sort of, I have finished off setting mine up so its all up and running and on the web: http://waweathergroup.com/liveweather/ I can also thank Tommo (chaser80) for the advice and lend of his equipment to set it up. He is definitely classed as WAWG weather station guru now! :) Its a dallas 1-wire set up with a temp/humidity board, anemometer and rain gauge. I will be displaying the barometer of the perth site on the above link when I can work out how to get it to work, couldn't justify the expensive of buying a barometer considering barometric pressures dont change that much over a few kms.

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Looking good tim, man am jealous of you guys with the XML setup, did you pay up or make your own? I should fork out but mine is different I suppose and won't get time before xmas anyhow, this one took long enough, Chaser is da man and once again thanks for your help

Founder of The WAWG

Postby Tim S » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:46 pm

nah paid up, I love the look of WDL, nice and clean and very professional looking. Though it has been a difficult road in getting the data uploaded. I am using XP on a mac running VMware fusion and the connection stability on the XP OS is dodgy at best. I think it has something to do with the cache filling up or something but for some reason it drops out overnight, almost every night. Today though I managed to work around this by writing the upload data to file then uploading it on the Mac OS, so far so good! :)

Unfortunatly the metar download wont work this way so I will have to take the barometer 'sensor' of the liveweather page as I had that downloading off the Perth Airport metar.

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 am

Well you MAC guys deserve all you get :lol: but seriously I resurrected an older PC running windows 98SE and have that hooked into the network and is stable as can be, was also fine on XP for the 3 weeks it was running their, try the guru's at WD forum, they seem to have all the answers

Founder of The WAWG

Postby Tim S » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:40 am

I've recently changed the website location of my weather station,

Live Data: http://treefrogdesign.com.au/liveweather/
Charts and stuff: http://treefrogdesign.com.au/liveweathe ... eather.htm

Just joined & all I got is this lousy rank

Postby steerage250 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 am

I have setup Willetton Weather - running for over a year now. I have a WS3600, which isn't perfect by any means, but does the job for an amateur, non-critical weather station.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~isteer/index.html

Ian

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby Tom M (Chaser 80) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Got a pix and info page up now for anyone interested in my station. lots of pix and plenty of information for all:) u can view it here: http://www.tkup.net/data/info

Storm Chaser

Postby lightningwog » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm

nice pics there chaser80 i wish i had all that .

can you do a storm dance ? were the bloody hell are they?

l.w. (keen)

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:39 am

Got some nice toys their Tom, hope we don't get to test out the extremes of your thermometer :lol:

Next

Return to Weather Equipment