Seabreeze

If you want a question answered. If you know the answer to a question. This is the forum for it.
Please start a new thread for each weather question so we can all find the info quickly and easily.
WAWG Respected Life Member

Seabreeze

Postby Vinny » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:54 pm

No such thing as a silly question so thought I would ask.

Hope this makes sense.

A seabreeze is always when the wind direction always has to move over the ocean so....

If the wind is any other direction other than SW it isn't a seabreeze for Perth.... right ?, as a W or NW wind also moves over the ocean so could be considered seabreezes too ... right ? Even though the N part of a NW wind is coming off land ?

I have always thought since being in Perth that the wind direction had to be SW only to be a seabreeze .

So to sum up , a NW , SW or W winds are all seabreezes ... correct ? or just SW ?

I am probably making this sound way more complex than it is ....
Yeppoon Annual Average Rainfall is (BOM) = 982.5mm
2012 Yeppoon 976.8mm
2014:1114.2mm

WAWG Respected Life Member

Re: Seabreeze

Postby Vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Please delete this topic as wikipedia had a topic on it and it explained and answered the question.
Yeppoon Annual Average Rainfall is (BOM) = 982.5mm
2012 Yeppoon 976.8mm
2014:1114.2mm

WAWG Leadership Group

Re: Seabreeze

Postby SimonB » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Vinny, another wise saying that was told to me a long time ago... "If you ask what you think is a silly question in public, several other people will be thinking 'thank goodness they asked that, I was too embarrassed to'", so why not put what you learnt as an answer and you may well teach someone else too.
-------------------
My Photo Gallery Site: http://simonb.zenfolio.com/ - comments welcome!

Return to Your Weather Questions