Rainfall Record?

Forum rules
This topic is archived. For any latest weather, please post in General Monthly Thread.
Just joined & all I got is this lousy rank

Rainfall Record?

Postby reinfall » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi guys I am new to this forum and had a search around but am cant find the information I am looking for.
I remember reading an article earlier this yr that said that Kuri Bay had already broken the WA rainfall record and this was in about May I think with so they still had the start of the 2011/12 wet season to add to the tally. I cant find the info on the BOM site so I am wondering if anyone knows official reading for the rainfall that Kuri Bay got for 2011. One thing I have noticed is that a fair area of the Kimberley exceeded the 2400mm for the year which beats the previous record held by Kimberley Coastal Camp of 2380.6mm.

Cheers in advance :-bd

WAWG Leadership Group

Re: Rainfall Record?

Postby silvercloud » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi and welcome Reinfall. Sorry I can't help but no doubt someone will be along who can :D

WAWG Administrator

Rainfall Record?

Postby Fu Manchu » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 pm

I know who will know that answer. Give the guys at MtLawley BoM a call. Ask to speak to JR. He looks after that side of things and is a walking encyclopedia. He's bloody funny too.
Let him know the WA Weather Group said he might know the answer. He'll either chuckle or hang up on you :lol:

Weather Boffin

Re: Rainfall Record?

Postby brayden » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Yep JR the man, call Perth BOM on (08) 9263 2222

If I'm in with the sane, does that make me insane?

Return to Severe or Extreme Western Australian Weather (Archive)