Members weather stations

Post weather station info, fixes, advice and questions in here.
WAWG Respected Life Member

Re: Members weather stations

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 am

Davis have the best quality. Although the pricing is ridiculous here in Australia. Not sure I'd risk it buying an el cheapo one from Ebay.

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 am

Wow missed this by a few months, but I have had a $100 wireless station from EBAY for almost 3 years, it does the job, not uploading at the moment because of us moving, but I would recommend the WH- range, they actually have la crosse components in a No Name box, much like your home brand groceries, I think an excellent choice for people wanting to get started but also not bad for the advanced user, the main thing to have is good software, the easyweather program that comes with these stations is ok if your not uploading to the net, the best is Weather Display but takes some configuring, by far the best freebie is Cumulus.
Yes Aussie the Davis is a very professional system but not required for the average home user, nothing at all wrong with the cheapies from EBAY in my experience, my next station will more than likely be an Oregon mainly because of the extra sensors you can get and 1/3rd the price of Davis, La Crosse are also great

F1 Weather Freak

Postby JennyLeez » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 pm

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby Pete » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Nice! Now we have some obs from NZ :)

F3 Weather Freak

Postby thunderbox » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Welcome Jenny. Nice to have Kiwi Weather. 38deg and Humid here in Collie. Much nicer there I see.

Previous

Return to Weather Equipment