I am having all kinds of problems with my setup

Post weather station info, fixes, advice and questions in here.
F1 Weather Freak

I am having all kinds of problems with my setup

Postby gus3232 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Can anyone out there help me? I am having all kinds of problems with my setup. Check out my page, and you will see what I mean. It was MINUS 33 in Ballajura today!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~gus3232/weather/noname.htm

I have updated the version of WD, changed PC's etc and it still does it.

Any help or advice (besides to chuck it all into the Swan River) would really be appreciated.

WAWG Leadership Group

Re: HELP!

Postby nocky » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:36 pm

Shit Russell pretty windy and a tad cool last night, check your offsets to see they haven't changed, you should only have to offset the barometer, send a screen shot to windy but did read in the WD forum about spikes somewhere, also check that you have the right station selected and that the get data from easywether is not ticked, uninstall eay wether also, never run them together, maybe Tim or Chaser have better idea's

WAWG Respected Life Member

Postby Vinny » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 am

How much money does it cost to set up a personal weather station and where do I go and buy one from ?
Yeppoon Annual Average Rainfall is (BOM) = 982.5mm
2012 Yeppoon 976.8mm
2014:1114.2mm

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Vin you can get them from Ebay, mine was less than $100 posted comes with software, but if you want to upload to the net then you need better software, there is a free program called cumulus that worked reasonably well for me, but Weather Display is the best, your isp unless Big Ripoff woops I mean pond generally supplies you with a free web site, mine costs $120 per year but gives me a lot of data transfer bandwidth, but in the end less than $100 will get you a station connected to your pc and collect data, if not in a hurry I will be updating in a couple of months to an Oregon and mine will go cheap

F1 Weather Freak

Postby gus3232 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:21 pm

I changed a few of the offsets and it appears to have settled it down for now. Time will tell though.

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby nocky » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 pm

the other thing gus i'm not sure brian has made WD compatable yet so maybe the issue, haven't updated the program for a while as updates seem to unsettle things so when it ain't broke don't fix it :P

Just joined & all I got is this lousy rank

Re: I am having all kinds of problems with my setup

Postby gergmu » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:26 am

Hello I have a WH3081 w/stn & I believe the hPa reading is about 10 too high. I can't find anywhere to adjust it. Your reference to adjusting offsets caught my eye, is this what I need to do & if so where & how do I do it.

thanks
greg

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1267
gergmu, your question has been answered.

Just joined & all I got is this lousy rank

Postby gergmu » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 am

Hi again. I'd just like to add that apart from the xlnt help I got from this forum I was also impressed by the BOM. I had a call from Shaun at BOM Brisbane (I think he was in Bris) explaining pressure at sea level how it changes with altitude etc etc & he sent me links to calculators to work out pressure here. Complicated but I think I got it. I figure my station should be set at the "here" pressure so it can guess the forecast, correct? The instructions say the forecast is "for entertainment" only! I think that's true, it tells me it's going to rain today but that will surprise me. Andrew Bolt the climate sceptic said the drought is over in the south east, wrong, maybe in Melbourne but not here.

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:59 am

gergmu wrote:Hi again. I'd just like to add that apart from the xlnt help I got from this forum I was also impressed by the BOM. I had a call from Shaun at BOM Brisbane (I think he was in Bris) explaining pressure at sea level how it changes with altitude etc etc & he sent me links to calculators to work out pressure here. Complicated but I think I got it. I figure my station should be set at the "here" pressure so it can guess the forecast, correct? The instructions say the forecast is "for entertainment" only! I think that's true, it tells me it's going to rain today but that will surprise me. Andrew Bolt the climate sceptic said the drought is over in the south east, wrong, maybe in Melbourne but not here.

Very nice of him. Yeh most days the icon says its raining, whereas it isn't. I wish the station was more precise with temperature though... may have to upgrade to a davis soon.

Return to Weather Equipment