Australian Severe Weather Association Needs Your Help!

Post weather station info, fixes, advice and questions in here.
Founder of The WAWG

Postby Tim S » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 am

Well thanks for the positive comments about the forum peeps. :D I really do appreciate it but I definitely cannot take much credit. The reason it is a success is because there are obviously a lot of people in WA interested in the weather and all that was needed was a positive atmosphere in which everyone, no matter their level of weather knowledge could discuss the weather with like minded people.

By the sounds of it the forum and the meetings provide the vast majority of us with our weather needs, but I was wondering is there anyone out there that wants more? For example some of you probably remember the newsletter I created for a couple of seasons. I stopped doing this as I found the forums pretty much served as an almanac of most of the weather events covered in the newsletter and also the time involved in setting it up was getting too much.

I personally enjoy newsletters and publications such as Storm News (ASWA) as they are something you can flick through whenever you feel like it and dont have to be on the computer to read. They also keep you in touch with weather you may have missed otherwise. Though they do take a lot of effort to create and when you have an organisation made up of volunteers it is hard to expect something like this on a regular basis.
Kia Kaha, stay strong, live long and above all have fun. :)

Storm Chaser

Postby Paul Natale » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 pm

The reason it is a success is because there are obviously a lot of people in WA interested in the weather and all that was needed was a positive atmosphere in which everyone, no matter their level of weather knowledge could discuss the weather with like minded people.

Totally agree with that reason. I saw previous newsletters and while they were OK, I think the archives serve as a pretty good way of looking at past events. They are in chronological order (I'm pretty sure) and it's interesting comparing the same months from different years. I've found myself browsing them many times, as it's cool seeing the different perspectives on any particular event, as well as the excitement associated with real time reactions to severe weather events. One suggestion, maybe the last post for each month could be a general summary of what happened. Otherwise i'd say that everything is fine right now on this forum as far as I'm concerned. :D

Previous

Return to Weather Equipment