Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Total Weather Freak
User avatar
Posts: 1667
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Marangaroo

Re: Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby mackerelmauler » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:23 pm

EOS wrote:It got down to 1.7 at Jandakot, 3.2 degrees at Pearce, 3.9 degrees at Perth, 4.5 degrees at Perth Airport, and 4.7 degrees at Bickley.

Champion Lakes, and Garden Island both received 0.2mm till 9:00am.


I wonder what that was due to. :lol:
Member of the Northern Suburbs Force Field Destruction Squad!

Supporter of the "Hagar the Horrible High pressure system" death squad.

WAWG Respected Life Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: Nollamara

Re: Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 pm

mackerelmauler wrote:
EOS wrote:It got down to 1.7 at Jandakot, 3.2 degrees at Pearce, 3.9 degrees at Perth, 4.5 degrees at Perth Airport, and 4.7 degrees at Bickley.

Champion Lakes, and Garden Island both received 0.2mm till 9:00am.


I wonder what that was due to. :lol:

Image

WAWG Leadership Group
User avatar
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:41 am
Location: Yokine, Perth CBD or Argyle :-)

Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby SimonB » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 am

21C in Perth already, wow. Any doubters regarding tomorrows forecast of 34C (and I met one yesterday) should have vanished!
-------------------
My Photo Gallery Site: http://simonb.zenfolio.com/ - comments welcome!

WAWG Respected Life Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: Nollamara

Re: Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 am

SimonB wrote:21C in Perth already, wow. Any doubters regarding tomorrows forecast of 34C (and I met one yesterday) should have vanished!

I think Perth has a higher chance reaching 34c tomorrow than Gero. The trough line is just north of Kalbarri at the moment and should move inland from Gero tomorrow morning.
Currently 28c at my station, 29c at the port however the seabreeze is just moving through now.

WAWG Respected Life Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:56 pm
Location: Nollamara

Re: Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:20 pm

maximum of 32c after a minimum of 3.5c.

a diurnal range of 28.5c is not bad for a station 8km inland.

WAWG Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 12284
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Lower West

Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Fu Manchu » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Cmon Aussie Cmon wrote:
SimonB wrote:21C in Perth already, wow. Any doubters regarding tomorrows forecast of 34C (and I met one yesterday) should have vanished!

I think Perth has a higher chance reaching 34c tomorrow than Gero. The trough line is just north of Kalbarri at the moment and should move inland from Gero tomorrow morning.
Currently 28c at my station, 29c at the port however the seabreeze is just moving through now.


So we might see Perth in a Pelican staring comp with Gero tomorrow.

The Phantom
User avatar
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Canning Vale

Re: Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby @weather_wa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Got down to 4.3 degrees at Jandakot at 3:00am, then the temperature went back up to 9.1 degrees at 3:30am.

WAWG Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 12284
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Lower West

Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Fu Manchu » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Image

A subtle change if smell in the air as this set up comes round for the first time in a long while. A good moisture flow right through from the NW. :)
Yay

WAWG Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 12284
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Lower West

Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Fu Manchu » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Or maybe that pleasant smell in the breeze is because one of you guys farted a rainbow?

WAWG Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 12284
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Location: Lower West

Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby Fu Manchu » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 am

Whoa, it's October.
Best start an emergency October thread.

The Phantom
User avatar
Posts: 5413
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Canning Vale

Re: Silly September (Djilba) 2012

Postby @weather_wa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Perth received a total of 90.8mm of rain over 15 days in September. The average rainfall for September is 87.4mm.

Previous

Return to September 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests