US tornado damage photo's

Show us your weather related Photos and Video here.
WAWG Leadership Group

Postby SimonB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 am

Roland, this one's for you: http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2012/03/03/captured-tornadoes-rip-through-the-midwest/5250/

I challenge any sane person to say tornado's are cool after viewing those pictures, they show the real, tangible, grass roots impact. People lose their lives. People lose their homes. Communities are destroyed. Lives are destroyed. Not good.

Sure, marvel at their power, express awe at the images of the funnels, but remember the aftermath.

Simon....
-------------------
My Photo Gallery Site: http://simonb.zenfolio.com/ - comments welcome!

WAWG Administrator

Postby Fu Manchu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 am

Saw one photo on twitter of a before and after. House just about vapourised from a hillside.

Storm Chaser

Re: US tornado damage photo's

Postby lykeeze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:25 pm

bloody good photographer that's for sure, fully captures the emotion of the people and animals.. "tornadoes are cool" well.. they are, what can I say, I think they are cool, of course when a tornado destroys a house, building or kill a human then the side affects of the tornado ain't so cool.. unless its an abandoned house and no one lives in it, id like to see it.. but much like animals there cool can't deny that, until an elephant stomps on ya car and kills the driver?

sorry trying to think like rols
PEACE

Storm Chaser

Postby roland985 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:57 pm

SimonB wrote:Roland, this one's for you

I challenge any sane person to say tornado's are cool after viewing those pictures, they show the real, tangible, grass roots impact. People lose their lives. People lose their homes. Communities are destroyed. Lives are destroyed. Not good.

Simon....

The science behind them most certainly is. But this really is the rough side of the weather. I know some people who were affected by last years Roleystone bushfires. The sheer shock of potentially losing your home is awful.

However, I am a sane person. And they are not cool. Not at all.

Storm Chaser

Postby lykeeze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 pm

are too

Storm Chaser

Postby roland985 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm

lykeeze wrote:are too

In the fact of raw power, then most certainly yes. In the result of that raw power. No.

Weather Boffin

Postby brayden » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 pm

A little from column A, a little from column B.

Sane people are cool :p

If I'm in with the sane, does that make me insane?

Storm Chaser

Postby lykeeze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:43 pm

nothing wrong with an EF5 having a stroll threw a farm or forest, river or lake, ocean or sea.. in fact there is nothing wrong with a 9.0 earthquake ripping things up producing a large tsunami while also creating a volcano which produces pyrocumulus n forms pyrocumulonimbus supercell which spawns that EF5 tornado and wrecks havoc on the earths surface.. UNTIL *points his finger in the air* an unsuspecting human or suspecting human strolls onto the scene..

now besides the last part of this everyday scenario.. its all awesome bloody awesome.. so awesome its cool ;) RAW is better then .JPEG tho haha sorry feeling a lil insane today

WAWG Respected Life Member

Postby Cmon Aussie Cmon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:26 pm

lykeeze wrote:nothing wrong with an EF5 having a stroll threw a farm or forest, river or lake, ocean or sea.. in fact there is nothing wrong with a 9.0 earthquake ripping things up producing a large tsunami while also creating a volcano which produces pyrocumulus n forms pyrocumulonimbus supercell which spawns that EF5 tornado and wrecks havoc on the earths surface.. UNTIL *points his finger in the air* an unsuspecting human or suspecting human strolls onto the scene..

now besides the last part of this everyday scenario.. its all awesome bloody awesome.. so awesome its cool ;) RAW is better then .JPEG tho haha sorry feeling a lil insane today

What about the animals? :( :( :( :mrgreen:

WAWG Leadership Group

Postby SimonB » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Guys, multiple photog's - they're news feed photo's...
-------------------
My Photo Gallery Site: http://simonb.zenfolio.com/ - comments welcome!

Storm Chaser

Postby lykeeze » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:10 pm

i dunno.. wasn't any animals in my everyday scenario was there.. well they'd probably got out before anything happened..

Return to Weather Photos